MC2 Trainers Training Guide
MC2 Trainers Training GuideEdit
This guide will help you train proven practitioners to take on a larger role in the training of MC2 trainers.
The following schedule will prepare them to use the guide, reinforce the practical ministry skills needed and understand the ministry philosophy of the training.
The schedule looks like this:
|Day 1||Day 2||Day 3||Day 4||Day 5|
|God's Heart and How to Begin||Prayer, Care, Share Skills||Discipleship and Group Formation||Leadership Development||Coaching and Strategic Planning|
|8:30||Intro||Launch 3 - Full Session||Launch 4 - Full Session||FBS 13 - Acts 2 Communities||Coaching Overview|
|10:30||Trainer's Training Introduction||Launch 5 - Looking Up, Preparing for Mission||Launch 7 - Full Session||Develop 1 (Full)||Coaching Skills|
|13:30||Launch 1 - Full Session||Launch 6 - Looking Up, Preparing for Mission||Launch 8 - Looking Up, Preparing for Mission||Roles and Outcome of Develop||Strategy Overview|
|15:30||Launch 2 - Looking Up, Preparing for Mission||Practicing Prayer-Care-Share||Review of TT Guide||Practice Training Skills||Planning for next steps|
Day 1: God’s Heart and How to BeginEdit
Session 1: Our RoleEdit
- Why are we here, What to expect
The Lord’s heart is for His Kingdom to reign and for His name to be honored over all the earth. When Jesus began His ministry, He had zero disciples but His vision was for the 17,000 people groups on the earth. That is a big vision! His plan to fulfill that vision was to make disciples who could make disciples! One of the most important things we learn from Jesus is that He modeled a life that was focused on the Kingdom of God.
It starts with Jesus’ message, “Repent for the Kingdom of God is near.” (Mark 1:14). He called people to align their thinking and actions to the reign of the King. It was also His stated mission, “I must preach the good news of the Kingdom to other towns too, that is why I was sent.” (Luke 4:43).
As He taught people, they began to ask what the Kingdom of God was like. He told them parables to explain how the Kingdom of God works.
|The kingdom is like...||The kingdom principle we learn...|
|A farmer sowing seeds||Their will be different responses to the Kingdom|
|A hidden treasure||Some will be willing to give up everything|
|A king who had a banquet||God’s desire is for His house to be full|
|A mustard seed||Although it starts small, the Kingdom will grow large|
|A king who wanted to settle accounts||Forgiveness is expected in the Kingdom|
He also imparted a vision to His followers for the task, “the good news of the Kingdom will be preached among all nations, then the end will come (Matthew 24:14). And He gave this command. “Go, make disciples of all nations, baptizing them . . . teaching them to obey all things I’ve given you.”
Another thing we learn from Jesus, was to pray for this Kingdom to come. Let’s read Matthew 6:9-10 together. “This, then, is how you should pray: “Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.”
As followers of Jesus, our hearts and minds need to align to His heart and mind. You and I are called to pray and work for the continual advancement of God’s Kingdom on earth. You are playing a significant role in reaching your country and expanding the Kingdom to every place so that everyone will have an opportunity to know someone who follows Christ. This week we will train you as an MC2 Master Trainer.
As a Master Trainer, your role is help equip the body of Christ to go into the harvest and establish communities of believers (new churches) who will live transformed lives and who will learn how to go start new communities of believers who learn how to start even more new communities of believers. You will learn how to train MC2 Trainers who will then train church planters in their local areas. You are responsible to ensure that quality training takes place throughout the training and coaching processes. This week we will prepare you for this task.
- Take time to pray for your time together. Have each participant take some quiet moments to commit their heart to seeing God’s Kingdom expand throughout their country.
- Use Building a Movement (Heart and 4 Fields) PPT to explain 4x4 movements and characteristics found in every movement
Session 2: Trainer’s Training IntroductionEdit
- Provide Context to using the Trainer’s Training Guide
The main tool you will be using to train MC2 trainers, is the Trainer’s Training Guide. Over the next few days we will model to you how to do a Trainers Training. We will be using the same guide you will use to equip MC2 Trainers in each location.
- Use Trainers Training Guide to do the Intro Session
Session 3: Launch 1Edit
The purpose of this session is to cast vision for what God is doing and help participants know what to expect from the Launch Training.
- Pass out participant notes to all
- Use the MC2 01FN How is God at Work Today document to facilitate the whole session. The goal is for each Facilitator to experience the first session.
- When you have finished, pass out a copy of the Facilitators Notes for Session 1. Highlight the following:
- Purpose of the session
- Layout of the sessions: Looking Back, Looking Up, Looking Forward
- Vision casting for who they can become and for what God can do through them
- Celebrating Faithfulness (Accountability) and Going on Mission (setting goals)
- Preparing for Mission (practice)
Session 4: Launch 2Edit
- Point out that this Session is practicing the first of our Core Components Core Component #1 – Dependence on the Spirit
The purpose of this session is to help participants learn the importance of walking in the power of God’s Spirit as they begin to reach out to those around them.
- Pass out participant notes to all and explain the Celebrate Faithfulness part of Looking Back section.
- Use the MC2 02FN Keeping in Step with the Spirit document to facilitate the Looking Up section and the Preparing for Mission section of Looking Forward.
- Pass out the Participants Tracking sheet. Explain how Participants will use it to track their progress.
- Pass out the Facilitators Tracking sheet. Explain how they will use it to track and coach Participants.
- When you have finished, pass out a copy of the Facilitators Notes for Session 2 and review.
Point out that today will cover Core Component # 2: Prayer, Care, Share Personal Ministry Skills
Session 5: Launch 3 (Full Lesson)Edit
The purpose of this session is to equip the participants with the personal ministry skills of Prayer and Care and have them set goals to begin to minister to those they come in contact with.
- Pass out participant notes to all.
- Use the MC2 03FN PCS The Amazing Question and Care document to facilitate the whole lesson.
- When you have finished, pass out a copy of the Facilitators Notes for Session 3 and review.
- Note: during a Trainer’s Training this session would only cover the Looking Up and Preparing for Mission sections.
Session 6: Launch 5Edit
NOTE: We are postponing Launch session 4 so that we can focus on the Prayer, Care, Share ministry skills in preparation for your practice time this afternoon.
The purpose of this session is to equip the participants to learn how to tell the story of what Jesus has done for them. This is part of the Prayer, Care, Share personal ministry skills.
- Pass out participant notes to all.
- Use the MC2 05FN B.L.E.S.S. strategy document to facilitate the Looking Up section and the Preparing for Mission section of Looking Forward.
- When you have finished, pass out a copy of the Facilitators Notes for Session 5 and review
Session 7: Launch 6Edit
The purpose of this session is to equip the participants to learn to share the gospel with others.
- Pass out participant notes to all.
- Use the MC2 06FN PCS-Sharing the Gospel Personally document to facilitate the Looking Up section and the Preparing for Mission section of Looking Forward.
- When you have finished, pass out a copy of the Facilitators Notes for Session 6 and review.
Session 8: Into the HarvestEdit
Field Practice Time
Send out 2x2, goal to share with at least 5 conversations (single and/or group) but no longer than 2 hours in the field
We will go out into the harvest to practice the prayer-care-share personal ministry skills: Amazing Question to pray with people, sharing our stories and sharing the gospel. We may even find ways to care for people. We will go out in pairs like Jesus sent his disciples. Our goal for this time is for you to have 5 opportunities to practice prayer-care-share. You may speak with a single person or you may have opportunity to speak to a small group. Sharing with a group counts as one opportunity.
Remember, we are looking for persons of peace that God has already prepared to receive you. We will not meet back together afterward. You are free until tomorrow morning.
Let’s pray for the Lord to direct us.
Day 3: Discipleship and Group FormationEdit
Session 9: Launch 4 (Full)Edit
The purpose of this session is to teach participants the importance of looking for God-prepared people in seeing a ministry of multiplication. The skills of Prayer and Care are a good way to find these people.
- Pass out participant notes to all.
- Use the MC2 04FN God-Prepared People document to facilitate the full lesson. Be sure to reinforce the purpose of Prayer, Care, Share and field time during the Celebrating Faithfulness section.
- When you have finished, pass out a copy of the Facilitators Notes for Session 4 and review.
Session 10: Launch 7 (Full)Edit
Point out that this session will cover Core Component #3: 3/3 discipleship and #4: intentional discipleship path that leads to the Acts 2 characteristics.
The purpose of this session is to teach participants the discipleship pathway known as Multiply and to practice the three-thirds discipleship meeting.
- Pass out participants notes to all.
- Use the MC2 07FN Foundations for New Believers and 7 Stories of Hope document to facilitate the whole session. You do not need to repeat Prayer and Care and Celebrate Faithfulness sections.
- The goal is to reinforce the three-thirds process and have them understand the Multiply pathway.
- When you have finished, pass out a copy of the Facilitators Notes for Session 7 and review.
Session 11: Launch 8Edit
The purpose of this session is to help participants learn how to share the gospel in groups and how this can add momentum to a movement.
- Pass out participant notes to all.
- Use the MC2 08FN PCS-Sharing the Gospel in Groups document to facilitate the Looking Up section and the Preparing for Mission section of Looking Forward.
- When you have finished, pass out a copy of the Facilitators Notes for Session 8 and review.
Session 12: ReviewEdit
The purpose of this session is to review the Trainer’s Training Guide and to review the roles involved in launching movements in each geographic segment. The iShare Agent role will also be Introduced to explain how to report what God is doing.
Everything you just experienced came from the Training Trainer’s Guide.
- Pass out the Trainer’s Training Guide to all.
- Use the Trainer’s Training Guide to overview the 3 day introduction to the Launch Training process. Point out the main parts of the Training Guide:
- Daily instructions
- Principles of training adults
- Point out that training is not complete until the Develop Pathway is being implemented in each location. Tomorrow you will share more about the process for developing leaders.
- Have them pair up and practice the Intro Session
- How to setup the Vision
- The 5 core components
- The role of a Training Facilitator (Launch Trainer)
Day 4: Leadership DevelopmentEdit
Session 13: Acts 2 CommunitiesEdit
The purpose of this session is to reinforce one the main outcomes of Global Church Movements and MC2 training. This session will allow them to experience the church formation lesson of the Multiply Pathway.
- Appoint a Group Leader and have the group practice FBS #13: Commiting to One Another
- When they are done, use PPT: 4 Helps to show best practices in helping get to the Acts 2 outcomes
Session 14: Develop 1Edit
The purpose of this session is for trainees to experience the mechanics of conducting a Develop meeting and to learn best practices MC2 uses to develop leaders.
- Point out that today will cover Core Component # 5: Iron on Iron Leadership Development
- Pass out the Develop 1 Participants guide
- Use Develop Session 1: Leading the Process to introduce the Develop Pattern.
- Use the IOI Scenario PPT in the Iron on Iron section of the Lesson
Session 15: Role and Outcome of DevelopEdit
- Use the PPT: A Pattern for Leadership Development to explain the Develop Pattern and how the Develop Pathway supports the Multiply Pathway.
- Pass out the Develop Facilitators Manuals and walk through a couple of lessons so they can see the layout of the lessons
- Emphasize the use of a Discovery process for learning new content
Session 16: Practicing Training SkillsEdit
- Have trainees get in pairs and practice explaining the 3 powerpoints most often used during the training.
- If enough computers are available, allow each team to practice presenting the PPTs to one another.
- If there are no computers available, provide print outs of the slides for them to use.
- 3 PPTs
Day 5: Coaching and Strategic PlanningEdit
Session 17: Coaching OverviewEdit
The purpose of this session is to explain how coaching is integrated into the MC2 training process and how it helps develop leaders at each level of the movement.
• Use Coaching Manual to explain how to equip coaches
Session 18: Coaching SkillsEdit
The purpose of this session is for trainees to practice coaching skills needed to coach others and to review the Coaching Guide they will use to equip coaches for the Trainer’s Training.
- Use Coaching Manual to explain how to coach others
- Pair up and practice using the Coaching Process
Session 19: Strategy OverviewEdit
The purpose of this session is to explain the training strategy that will enable a country to reach the goals of seeing enough 4x4 movements so that there will be a church or missional community for every 1000 people.
- Use the Kingdom Seeds in Every Place PPT to explain the following:
- Review of God’s Heart – vision for all the lost, 4G multiplication, planting Kingdom Seeds
- 1:1000 geographic scope and roles needed to implement the training
- iShare Agent role
Session 20: Map and Calendar TimeEdit
The purpose this session is to plan on when Trainer’s Training will happen and to answer the question “how many segments need to have 4x4 movements started?”
- Pass out country maps and calendars for the next 12 months to aid in their planning.
(it is suggested that you use maps from iShare that show the official country geographic divisions)