RL 15NU Studiowanie Biblii
Session 15: Studying the Bible
In this session, you will be introduced to a simple way to study the Bible and teach it to others.
Heart of a Leader
- What are you learning about abiding in Christ? How are you practicing abiding through His Word, prayer, obedience, PCS, relationships and fellowship?
- In what areas of your life do you find it challenging to obey God?
- What unresolved conflict do you have?
- In what areas are you believing God by faith, beyond your own ability?
Celebration of Faithfulness
- Share what has happened since the last meeting. Ask them to relate it to goals from the last meeting.
Iron on Iron: Sharpening Myself and Others
Proverbs 27:17 “As iron sharpens iron, one man sharpens another.”
- What is going well?
- What is not going well? What obstacles are you facing?
- What are possible solutions from the other group members?
- What do you need to do to add the missing characteristics into each group?
- Where will you start a new group or church this month?
Discovery Bible Study – How to Study the Bible
Section 1: Scripture’s teaching about Scripture
From God: 2 Peter 1:20-21
Gives Us Hope: Romans 15:4
His Word is Sure: Isaiah 55:8-11; Matthew 24:35
Builds Us Up: Romans 10:17; John 17:17
Useful For Us: Psalm 19:7-11; Hebrews 4:12-14; 2 Timothy 3:15-17
- What caught your attention? (or What did you like best?) Why?
- How would you summarize what you learned about scripture?
Section 2: A Basic Bible Study Method
- Understand the context
- Ask questions:
- Observation: What does it say?
- Interpretation: What does it mean?
- Application: What should I do?
- Teaching to others or Group Study: Sharing insights with one another
- Who was involved?
- What happened?
- Where did this take place?
- When did it take place?
- Why did it happen?
- How are things accomplished?
What did it mean to the original audience?
- What are similarities and differences between this passage and our situation?
- What is the main idea?
- How does this passage relate to the rest of the book?
- What other Scripture passages might shed light on this one?
- Is there a sin for me to avoid or confess?
- Is there a promise to claim? A praise to give? A prayer to pray?
- Is there an example for me to follow?
- Is there a command for me to obey?
- Is there knowledge for me to learn?
Plan to deal with sin:
- When will we obey?
- When will it be difficult to obey?
- What will we do to obey?
- Where will we be when they obey?
- How often will we meet with a brother or sister for spiritual accountability?
- Who is someone who would be helped by something from this passage? When and how will you share it with them?
- When you gather as a group, is there something from this passage that would help or encourage your group?
D. Group Study
- What is this passage about? What is the main idea of the passage?
- What do we learn about God from this passage?
- What is the most interesting part of this passage to you?
- What does it mean now (How is it relevant for today)? How are these same things similar today?
- What do we have to do in order to obey the intention of this passage? How will we apply this?
- With whom will you share this story or truth?
Preparing for Mission
Evaluate your strengths and weaknesses in the area of studying the Bible and Make a Plan on how you will improve.
I will ____________ by __________