FBS 01 Assurance of Salvation
Read a scripture to begin laying a foundation for worship and praise.
- Read Psalm 118:28 “You are my God and I will praise you.” What can we thank or praise God for today?
Minister to one another’s needs in prayer, biblical counsel and encouragement.
- Ask each person to tell one highlight and explain one challenge they experienced this week.
- Ask, “What do you want Jesus to do for you this week?” Pray for each other’s needs.
Encourage loving accountability to obey Jesus
- Ask, “Were you able to tell anyone about your decision to follow Christ?”
Motivation and Encouragement
Cast vision for who they can become in Christ or what God can do through them. Example: God loves people! The Bible tells us God’s desire is that all people are saved and come to understand the truth (1 Timothy 2:4). The gospel is not only for you but for all your friends and family. God loves them and will use you to pass on what you are learning about Jesus so that they can follow Jesus also. As we journey together, it will be exciting to see what God will do in the lives of those around us.
Jesus was teaching that he is the good shepherd who lays down his life for his sheep (v 11). He also said, “I know my sheep and my sheep know me,” and “I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.” However, many of the Jews don’t believe him, and doubt His claims. This is where our story begins.
- Read or watch John 10:22-30 two times as everyone listens.
- Everyone tells what caught their attention (or what they like best) and why.
- Why do you think this story is important?
- How can we live differently now that we know this story (passage)?
Read, Tell and Correct
- Read the story again. Have someone tell the story and ask the group to correct if necessary.
On the cross Jesus, the good shepherd, laid down his life as a sacrifice for your sins. As one of his sheep, he wants you to know that you have eternal life and you will never perish. You are safe in his hands and no one, including Satan himself, can snatch you away. Read the assurance section of the gospel booklet.
For further enrichment: Read Transferable Concept #1: How you can be sure you are a Christian and discuss with another group member.
Preparing for the Mission
- Practice sharing the gospel
- Remind them what to do when someone says YES to the gospel.
Going on the Mission
- Create a Network List by writing the names of 10 or more people they know.
- Identify 5 people from your Network List with whom you will tell the story or share the gospel with this week.
- Write “I will by when” statements and tell your group.
Praying for the Mission
- Commit everyone’s goals to the Lord. Ask the Lord to help us be faithful and use us to start a movement of disciple-makers.