FBS 02 Relationship and Fellowship
Read a scripture to begin laying a foundation for worship and praise.
- Example: Psalm 48:9 “O Lord, we meditate on your unfailing love as we worship you.” Let’s pause and tell Jesus how thankful we are for His love for us.
Minister to one another’s needs in prayer, biblical counsel and encouragement.
- Ask each person to tell one highlight and explain one challenge they experienced this week.
- Ask, “What do you want Jesus to do for you this week?” Pray for each other’s needs.
Encourage loving accountability to obey Jesus
- Ask, “What happened as you trusted God with your goals and I will statements?”
Motivation and Encouragement
Cast vision for who they can become in Christ or what God can do through them.
Example: When we accept Christ our lives are changed forever. 2 Corinithians 5:17 says, anyone who belongs to Christ is a new creation, the old life has gone and a new life has begun! That’s us! We are new creations and as we follow Christ, our lives will continue to change to be full of purpose and meaning. Let’s encourage each other with this truth as we journey together in this new life.
Those who are looked down on in society had been responding to Jesus’ teaching. The religious leaders (Pharisees) and the teachers of the religious law didn’t like Jesus associating with these people. So Jesus told a story about a lost son to explain God’s heart towards sinners.
- Read or watch Luke 15:11-24 2-3 times as everyone listens.
- Everyone tells what caught their attention (or what they like best) and why.
- Why do you think this story is important?
- How can we live differently now that we know this story (passage)?
Tell and Correct
- Practice the story by having someone tell the story and ask the group to correct if necessary
Our heavenly Father is willing to forgive the sins of His children. Our sin does not change the fact that God is our Father. But sin does have consequences and it does affect our fellowship with God. We do not enjoy our Father. 1 John 1:9 assures us, “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all wickedness.”
For further enrichment: Read Transferable Concept #2: How You Can Experience God’s Love and Forgiveness and discuss with another group member.
Preparing for the Mission
- Review Network List and add additional people if needed
- Practice sharing the gospel and leading someone to pray to receive Christ
- Remind them what to do when someone says YES to the gospel.
Going on the Mission
- Identify 5 people from your Network List with whom you will tell the story or share the gospel with this week.
- Write “I will by when” statements and share with your group.
Praying for the Mission
- Commit everyone’s goals to the Lord. Ask the Lord to help us be faithful and use us to start a movement of disciple-makers.