PSB 08 Niesamowite pytanie
Read a scripture and practice a worship song.
- Example: Psalm 33:1-5 and 1-2 songs
Minister to one another’s needs in prayer, biblical counsel and encouragement.
- Ask each person to tell one highlight and explain one challenge they experienced this week.
- Ask, “What do you want Jesus to do for you this week?” Pray for each other’s needs.
Encourage loving accountability to obey Jesus
- Ask, “What happened as you trusted God with your goals and I will statements?”
Motivation and Encouragement
Cast vision for who they can become in Christ or what God can do through them.
The first words of Jesus in Mark were telling people to “repent.” This means to change our whole way of thinking because God’s ways are so different from ours. One area is how we view ourselves. We need a new understanding of life with God and what He can do in our lives. The next words of Jesus were "Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." Every disciple of Jesus is called to live out this twin call to follow Him and fish for men. Our sacrificial commitment to Jesus transforms daily life and all our relationships. Let’s encourage each other to continually repent, follow and fish!
A couple of weeks before Jesus’ death, He and His followers were in a town called Jericho. As they left to travel the 24 km up the mountain to Jerusalem, a blind man calls out to Jesus trying to get his attention. This story tells us what happened next.
- Read or watch Luke 18:35-43 2-3 times as others listen.
- Everyone tells what caught their attention (or what they like best) and why.
- Why do you think this story is important?
- How can we live differently now that we know this story (passage)?
Tell and Correct
- Practice the story by having someone tell the story and ask the group to correct if necessary.
Jesus has great compassion for people! He asked the blind man an amazing question, “What do you want me to do for you?” Then He met the man’s needs. In John 14:12-13 Jesus said, “Whoever believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I am going to the Father. Whatever you ask in my name, this I will do that the Father may be glorified in the Son.” As followers of Jesus, we take the initiative to show compassion for people in the power of the Spirit by asking people the same Amazing Question and by meeting their needs in practical ways.
Preparing for the Mission
- Practice telling the story and using the Amazing Question. Include practice on transitioning a conversation to the story.
- Optional: tell the story by using the JESUS video clip
- Update your Network List with names of additional people if needed.
Going on the Mission
- Identify 5 people from your Network List with whom you can pray and care for using the Amazing Question.
- Write “I will by when” statements and share with your small group.
Praying for the Mission
- Commit everyone’s goals to the Lord. Ask the Lord to help us be faithful and use us to start a movement of disciple-makers.