FBS 09 God Prepared People
Read a scripture and practice a worship song.
- Example: Read Romans 11:33-36 and sing 1-2 songs.
Minister to one another’s needs in prayer, biblical counsel and encouragement.
- Ask each person to tell one highlight and explain one challenge they experienced this week.
- Ask, “What do you want Jesus to do for you this week?” Pray for each other’s needs.
Encourage loving accountability to obey Jesus
- Ask, “What happened as you trusted God with your goals and I will statements?”
Motivation and Encouragement
Cast vision for who they can become in Christ or what God can do through them.
Example: God changes lives and uses them for His glory. One example is the story of a middle eastern man named Adam. He was trained to be a martyr for his religion. But all of that changed one night when he dramatically met Christ. He was so excited about his new relationship to Christ, he began to witness to all of those he knew. Despite being persecuted, he continues to share the gospel and train others. Encourage them by reading 1 Corinthians 1:24-31.
Jesus challenged four men to follow Him and learn to fish for men. As Jesus was training his followers to fish for men, he modeled six different situations to them. The last situation was to an unlikely government official who would join the four men and become one of Jesus’ closest followers.
- Read or watch Luke 5:27-32 2-3 times as everyone listens.
- Everyone tells what caught their attention (or what they like best) and why.
- Why do you think this story is important?
- How can we live differently now that we know this story (passage)?
Tell and Correct
- Practice the story by having someone tell the story and ask the group to correct if necessary.
Read Luke 10:1-11. Jesus sent out his followers to do the same things he had been doing: praying for people, caring for their needs and sharing about the Kingdom. This can be summarized as Prayer, Care, Share. He multiplied himself by training and sending out new workers. The Person of Peace is a God-prepared person who will receive you and your message. Through their relationships, they open new networks of people to the gospel.
For further enrichment: Study the following Persons of Peace and discuss with another group member: Luke 19:1-10, Mark 5:14-20, John 4:1-42, Acts 16:13-15
Preparing for the Mission
- Review using the Amazing Question and caring for others
- Practice any skill or topic from previous lessons as needed
Going on the Mission
- Identify 5 people from your Network List with whom you will take the initiative to minister to this week.
- Use what you learned this week with at least 3
- Write “I will by when” statements and share with your small group.
Praying for the Mission
- Commit everyone’s goals to the Lord. Ask the Lord to help us be faithful and use us to start a movement of disciple-makers.