FBS 10 My Story
Read a scripture and practice a worship song.
- Example: Read Psalm 66:1-4 and sing songs.
Minister to one another’s needs in prayer, biblical counsel and encouragement.
- Ask each person to tell one highlight and explain one challenge they experienced this week.
- Ask, “What do you want Jesus to do for you this week?” Pray for each other’s needs.
Encourage loving accountability to obey Jesus
- Ask, “What happened as you trusted God with your goals and I will statements?”
Motivation and Encouragement
Cast vision for who they can become in Christ or what God can do through them.
Example: In John 3:8, the Spirit of God is described as a wind. We cannot control Him or make Him move; He blows where He wills. We cannot create movements, only the Spirit of God can. But we can position ourselves so that when He does move, we are ready to move with Him. The simple skills you’ve been learning help do just that. The good news is this: the Spirit of God is at work everywhere! Let’s keep preparing ourselves and praying for the Spirit to move.
Paul had been arrested because he was falsely accused by the Jewish leaders of breaking a temple law. During his defense before the Governor, Paul shared the story of how he came to know Christ.
- Read or watch Acts 22:1-21 2-3 times as everyone listens.
- Everyone tells what caught their attention (or what they like best) and why.
- Why do you think this story is important?
- How can we live differently now that we know this story (passage)?
Tell and Correct
- Practice the story by having someone tell the story and ask the group to correct if necessary.
Paul’s story (testimony) can be summarized in 3 parts:
- his life before meeting Christ,
- how he met Christ, and
- his life after meeting Christ.
This pattern is still an effective way to tell others what Jesus has done in our lives. Our stories are a powerful witness of the benefits of knowing the Lord.
Preparing for the Mission
- Give a modern example by telling your own story and highlighting the 3 parts
- Practice sharing their story with a partner
- Have them choose 1 word that describes the 3 parts of their story
- Have them expand it by writing down 2-3 sentences for each of the 3 parts
- Let them practice telling their story with a partner. After 3 minutes, have them give feedback and then switch.
- If time allows, have them switch partners and repeat the same process
Going on the Mission
- Identify 5 people from your Network List with whom you will take the initiative to minister to this week.
- Use what you learned this week with at least 3 of these people.
- Write “I will by when” statements and tell them to your small group.
Praying for the Mission
- Commit everyone’s goals to the Lord. Ask the Lord to help us be faithful and use us to start a movement of disciple-makers.