PSB 11 Bycie Świadkiem
Read a scripture and practice a worship song.
- Example: Read Psalm 95:1-7 and sing songs.
Minister to one another’s needs in prayer, biblical counsel and encouragement.
- Ask each person to tell one highlight and explain one challenge they experienced this week.
- Ask, “What do you want Jesus to do for you this week?” Pray for each other’s needs.
Encourage loving accountability to obey Jesus
- Ask, “What happened as you trusted God with your goals and I will statements?”
Motivation and Encouragement
Cast vision for who they can become in Christ or what God can do through them.
Example: In the book of Acts, we see how believers trained others to be trainers of others. One of the first followers of Jesus was a man named Barnabas. He found a new believer named Paul and helped him. Paul found a young believer named Timothy and took Timothy with him to share the gospel in many places. Later, Paul wrote to Timothy that he should train faithful men in the churches to find other younger Christians to train. Read 2 Timothy 2:2. Jesus to Barnabas to Paul to Timothy to faithful men to other younger Christians. All Christians are called to train trainers who can train trainers to train others. In this way the gospel spreads rapidly!
After Jesus was raised from the dead, He continued teaching His disciples about God’s Kingdom. During His last meeting with them, He reinforced the mission they were being called to and about the help that would be provided to them.
- Read or watch Acts 1:1-8 2-3 times as everyone listens.
- Everyone tells what caught their attention (or what they like best) and why.
- Why do you think this story is important?
- How can we live differently now that we know this story (passage)?
Tell and Correct
- Practice the story by having someone tell the story and ask the group to correct if necessary.
To follow Jesus means that we will obey His command to be His witnesses. But we can only do what is needed with the help of the power of the Holy Spirit in our lives. Only as He empowers us, can we be effective witnesses. God’s desire is that we witness to everyone--those like us and those not like us; those near to us and those who live all over the world.
For further enrichment: Read Transferable Concept #5: How you can be a fruitful witness and discuss with another group member.
Preparing for the Mission
- Remind them: Success in witnessing is simply taking the initiative to share Christ in the power of the Holy Spirit and leaving the results to God.
- Review the Spiritual Breathing principle and give personal opportunity to Exhale and Inhale
- Give time for praying to be controlled and empowered by the Holy Spirit
Going on the Mission
- Identify 5 people from your Network List with whom you will take the initiative to minister to this week.
- Use what you learned this week with at least 3 of these people.
- Write “I will by when” statements and share with your small group.
Praying for the Mission
- Commit everyone’s goals to the Lord. Ask the Lord to help us be faithful and use us to start a movement of disciple-makers.