MC2 08MB Svjedočenje evanđelja grupama ljudi
In this session you will learn how to conduct a missional event in the home of a Person of Peace using short films and clips from the JESUS film in a small group setting. (Romans 1:16)
Looking Back (20-30 min)
NOTE: Place people in groups of 4-6 for the session. Give out participant notes.
Prayer and Care
- Appoint a small group leader to facilitate sharing.
- Have each group discuss what they are thankful for this week.
- Have each person share how they are doing and share 1-2 prayer requests with their group and then have them pray for one another.
NOTE: If someone needs extra help, set a time after the meeting to help meet those needs.
- Encourage loving accountability to obey Jesus.
- Have each group share what happened as they trusted God for their goals and their “I will by when” statements.
- After the groups are done, ask if anyone is willing to tell the entire group.
Cast vision for their identity in Christ or what God can do through them as they take steps of faith.
- For example:
As Jesus went through all the towns and villages, he saw the needs of the people and had compassion on them. He said to his disciples, "The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field." God wants all people to know him and his love. He not only wants to use us, but will also raise up more workers from the harvest we will reap. Let’s keep asking God to send more workers to lead people to know Him.
Looking Up (60 min)
This week, we will talk about our second setting for sharing the gospel. Sharing in the home of a Person of Peace.
Activity #1 Demonstration of Sharing the Gospel to a Group
[NOTE: Choose 2-3 video clips from the resource list that you can use in this demonstration]
- Demonstrate using films for spiritual discussions.
- Use short films and JESUS film clips that introduce spiritual topics.
- After each clip, ask the large group:
What did you like best? Why?
- Demonstrate transitioning to an invitation to pray.
- Have someone tell their personal story.
- Demonstrate a gospel close and offering an opportunity to pray to receive Christ
- Option 1: Using the Four Spiritual Laws booklet, explain the 2 circles and lead the prayer.
- Option 2: Show the evangelistic close clip from the Jesus film.
- Have a question and answer session about the missional event.
- Discuss how to challenge a Person of Peace to host the event
- Discuss possible short films and JESUS film clips suitable for the event. Identify 1-2 short films and 1-2 Jesus film clips to use in the event.
Activity #2 Conducting a Missional Event
Give every participant the suggested guidelines Conducting a Missional Event: Resources used in this lesson can be found at: mc2.miraheze.org
- Highlight the important parts of the guideline …
- Promote interaction through asking the two questions: What did you like best? Why?
- Give an opportunity to pray
- Provide a way for people to indicate their response.
- Have a clear way to follow-up with spiritually interested people
- Use Network list and have gospel tools for new believers
Success in witnessing is simply taking the initiative to share Christ in the power of the Holy Spirit and leaving the results to God.
What if someone says “yes” to become a follower of Jesus at the event? What should we do? Remember, this is a VERY important step that help us see multiplication. It may be hard to talk to them during or after the event. But it is VERY important to follow-up with them within the first two days! Meet with them and do the following:
1. Review the Four Spiritual Laws or another Gospel tool with them, especially the 2 circles and the pages that follow.
2. Ask them, “Who are some others that need to hear this?” Have them write down names of 5 friends and family that they can share the gospel with. [Be sure to give them copies of the booklet or install the app.]
3. Let them know that you want to help them grow in their new relationship with Jesus and invite them to begin studying the Bible along with others who also put their faith in Christ during the event.
4. Pray for their new relationship with Christ before you leave.
Looking Forward (20-30 min)
Preparing for the Mission
- Have participants choose a partner and practice doing a missional event.
- Decide on which short films and film clips will be used
- Include a gospel presentation, invitation to believe in Jesus and what to do when someone places their faith in Jesus.
- Review the suggested script for talking to Persons of Peace about hosting the event.
- Review the flow of the event meeting.
Going on the Mission
- Identify which Persons of Peace you will ask to host the missional event.
- Invite people from your relational network and from the network of the Person of Peace to the event.
- Write “I will by when” statements and tell them to your small group.
- Set a time and meet with your one-another partner to do final planning for the event. Agree upon roles and the technology to be used.
Praying for the Mission
Commit everyone’s goals to the Lord. Ask the Lord to help us be faithful and use us to start a movement of disciple-makers.