Jump to navigation Jump to search
1 Look Back
Prayer and Care
- Pray, praising God for each one and for time in His Word.
- Ask “What are you thankful for this week?”
- Ask “What are you struggling with and how can we help?”
- Minister to one another’s needs in prayer, biblical counsel and encouragement.
- Ask “How did you apply the lesson from last week? How did it go for you?”
- Ask “Who did you share the story with, and what was their response?”
- Encourage mutual, loving accountability about how they were followers of Jesus (obeyed the Bible lesson last week) and fishers of men (witnesses) since the last meeting.
- Share a vision of what God has designed them to become and what He plans to do through them. Examples: Matthew 4:19.
2 Look Up
- Facilitator briefly explains the passage background.
- Facilitator reads the passage twice as others listen.
- Everyone tells what caught their attention (or what they like best) and why.
- Why do you think this story is important?
- How can we live differently now that we know this story (passage)?
Tell and Correct
- Practice the story by having someone tell the story and ask the group to correct if necessary.
- Facilitator summarizes today’s lesson to make sure everybody understands clearly.
3 Look Forward
Preparing for the Mission
- Ask, "How will you obey?"
Going on the Mission
- Members respond by writing down a specific "I will ..." statement.
- Members share their statement with the group.
- Set a time and meet with your one-another partner.
Praying for the Mission
- Affirm the vision of multiplication. Ask God to empower each person with the Holy Spirit to be a faithful follower of Jesus and to fish for men.
- Commit everyone’s goals to the Lord. Ask the Lord to help us be faithful and use us to start a movement of disciple-makers.